As a celebration of Louisiana’s French heritage, Woodvale students will be exposed to and learn about French culture through various activities during the week.
- Monday – French Flag Day: Students will wear either their blue, white, or red uniform shirt with uniform bottoms to celebrate the French flag.
- Tuesday – French Art Day: Students will view artwork created by 4th grade French students near the library throughout the day with their classes.
- Wednesday – Music Day: Students will watch 4th grade French students perform a song in French on WSN morning announcements.
- Thursday – Pétanque Day: Students will learn how to play pétanque, a French ball game, in their grade-level PE class during the day.
- Friday – Moustache Day: Students will be allowed to come to school with a French mustache drawn on their face.
Students will also enjoy French music in the cafeteria during lunch time and will participate in French trivia daily on WSN. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and participation and enjoy La Semaine Française!