The Woodvale Symposium is a 20+ year school tradition. Each fall, students are treated to a day full of educational and hands on activities. The theme of each year’s symposium is chosen from a rotation of 5 subjects; Louisiana, Math, Science, History, and Art.
Tents are set up on our playground and are manned by Woodvale PTC volunteers as well as partners from around the community. We’ve been blessed to welcome The Lab, The Children’s Museum of Acadiana, Whole Foods, LaSoar, Light the Frame Media, Acadian Village and many MANY more at our past symposiums.
Ways You Can Contribute to the Success of the Woodvale Symposium:
- T -shirt Design
- Distribution of T-shirt Order Forms
- Deposits for t-shirt orders
- Inventory/Distribution of T-shirts
- Community Partner Liaison
- Reaching out to businesses and coordinating day-of activities
- Hospitality Tent Liaison
- Organizing food/drink donations from local grocery stores and restaurants for breakfast and for lunch for volunteers
- Event Set Up & Tear Down
- Event Day Volunteers
- Student Photos/Distribution
- And so much more!
On Symposium day, each grade will be escorted through each activity. Students will get to participate in themed-activities under large (donated!!) tents. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers near the hospitality tent. We will end the day with clean up and tear down.
We welcome volunteers at ANY part of the day – or you’re invited to just come and walk through the activities with your students.