As a celebration of Louisiana’s French heritage, Woodvale students will be exposed to and learn about French culture through various activities during the week.
- Monday – French Flag Day: Students will wear either their blue, white, or red uniform shirt with uniform bottoms to celebrate the French flag.
- Tuesday – French Art Day: Students will view artwork created by 4th grade French students near the library throughout the day with their classes.
- Wednesday – Music Day: Students will watch 4th grade French students perform a song in French on WSN morning announcements.
- Thursday – Pétanque Day: Students will learn how to play pétanque, a French ball game, in their grade-level PE class during the day.
- Friday – Moustache Day: Students will be allowed to come to school with a French mustache drawn on their face.
Students will also enjoy French music in the cafeteria during lunch time and will participate in French trivia daily on WSN. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and participation and enjoy La Semaine Française!
We are excited about our upcoming Eagle Fun Run and we hope you are as well! But before the run, we have some work to do. Please join us for a planning session at 6pm on Wednesday February 28th. We will meet in the Woodvale Library to discuss and plan Run Day activities as well as pre-event action items. We rely on our volunteers to make our Fun Run a success. No amount of time or effort is too small, so come discover how you can be a part of this wonderful fundraiser for the Woodvale community!
This Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 will be our next PTC meeting. Please join your fellow PTC members in the Woodvale library at 6:00pm. We will be discussing this year’s Eagle Fun Run, Teachers’ Appreciation Luncheon, officer nominations, and more. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Monday, February 5th through Friday, February 9th is National School Counseling Week! Please help us celebrate by participating in the following dress up days.
- Monday: Woodvale’s School Counselors Help Make Our Future Bright
- students can wear sunglasses with a school uniform
- Tuesday: Woodvale’s School Counselors Are on My Team
- students can wear a team shirt or jersey with a uniform bottom
- Wednesday: Woodvale’s School Counselors Love When I Show My Kind Heart
- students can wear any school appropriate red or pink shirt with a uniform bottom
- Thursday: Woodvale’s School Counselors Help Make Dreams Come True
- students wear regular uniforms and write in leadership journals about how to make their dreams come true
- Friday: Hats Off to Woodvale’s School Counselors
- students wear a hat with their school uniforms
Thank you Ms. Barbier & Ms. Mergist for all you do for our Woodvale Students!
Click here to download a flier of the above information.